Saturday, April 24, 2010

Festival of Books- I hate crowds, but I love books, so its worth it


Me at the festival... I'm blurry becase I'm shaking, because there are WAY too many people here!



Kidlit panel (Kadir Nelson, Pam Munoz Ryan, David Shannon)



Seething masses. Did I mention that I'm an introvert?

(Gordon Korman, D.J. Machale, Neal Shusterman and the Pseudonyous Bosch)
 
I enjoy books. LOVE them. I love authors too, and sunny days, and news papers, and the Bruin’s campus. I mean, who wouldn’t love the UCLA campus? Even die hard USC fans have to admit the Westwood campus is about as close as you’re going to get to bucolic glory this side of the Mississippi. So of course I planned to attend the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books. And it was, as you’d expect; crowded and therefore far less bucolic than I’d hoped. And me, I’m a squirrel. I like to hide from crowds. So I had to really, really be motivated to stay once I saw all the chaos. But, with panels that included Kadir Nelson, Pam Munoz Ryan, David Shannon, Gordon Korman, D.J. Machale, Neal Shusterman and the infamous Pseudonyous Bosch, I stayed and am happy I did, because, like I said, I do love books.
 
 

- Posted by Joshua from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment